Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome to a new school year!  I'm so happy to have you join my class.  I've set up this blog to help you keep up with assignments, especially when you miss class.

I've also provided you with a calendar of the first ten weeks of school to help you keep track of assignments and due dates.  You should keep the calendar in the notebook you will use for my class.

I would like to get to know a little more about you, so your first assignment is a letter of introduction.  It will need to be typed in a business letter format and turned in on Monday, September 2nd.  Here are some useful websites that offer assistance with business letters:

Purdue OWL
Scholastic
Daily Writing Tips

Today I have already assigned your first set of vocabulary words for the week.  You can expect a new set about once a week and a test after every two.  You can find flashcards on Quizlet to help you study.  Your first quiz will be on Thursday, August 29th during the first 10 minutes of class.  Here's a link to the lists of vocabulary words for 1st semester.